Thursday, 4 December 2014

Plaits and Buns

In class we experimented how to create different kinds of plaits, expanding our knowledge and practising on doll's heads to see what we enjoyed doing and what we didn't like so much and to have a wider understanding what kinds of Elizabethan and the reason behind them. I am quite familiar with French plaits because when I was younger I was bought a bratz doll head to practise my plaits and when my mum taught me how to do a French plait, I would used to sit in my room and practice, practice, practice until I got it perfect because I just could not understand how to do it, and looking back, now I realise that practice does make perfect because it is like second nature to me now and it's therapeutic because every time I do a hairstyle on a dolls head it just takes me back to that moment.
 
Here are a few images of my experimentation with plaits...
 
French Plait
 
 
Fish Tail Plait
 
 
French Plaiting ready for padding
 
 
I have had fun creating all of these hair styles and believe it or not, that was my first ever fish tail plait because I had no idea how to do them but within a 2 minute demonstration it was so easy and I wondered to myself why i'd been avoiding them for so many years, it's the start of something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment